Sunday 27 February 2011

To Hell With Hell

For the last six weeks or so I have been in a bit of a blogging funk. I would sit at my computer and type and type and delete and type and delete and delete I needed something to... provoke me.

Last night I stumbled on just the thing, namely Justin Taylor's blog post Rob Bell: Universalist?
A question prompted by the publishers blurb and promo video for Bell's new book 'Love Wins'.

As with anyone who pastors a church called Mars Hill, Bell is no stranger to controversy, indeed he relishes the idea of pushing some conservative buttons and this new book is certainly no exception!

However rather than pronouncing anathema’s based on the video alone I am going to go to Amazon, pre order my copy and see exactly what he says.
For the time being please watch the two video's below, the first is the promo and the second is a excerpt from a sermon posted on desiring God yesterday... coincidence?

Additionally I have opened a discussion page on our Facebook profile and would love to hear what others think!





(Parenthetically, if the juices are flowing again I may resurrect some of those dead posts, so watch this space!)