Tim Challies has a helpful post on seven ways we can pray for our prayer lives. His seven points, each drawn from a particular Bible passage, are as follows:
1) Pray that your prayers would be the expressions of a humble heart.
2) Pray that God would remind you that he doesn’t want or need your eloquent prayers.
3) Pray that you would remember what the really important requests are.
4) Pray that you would remember biblical examples of answered prayer.
5) Pray that God would give you confidence in his sovereign power.
6) Pray that God would help you to persevere in your praying.
7) Pray that God would encourage you that he is your loving Father and will give you only what is good.
You can read the whole article by clicking here.